• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

BoA intern dies

Ha! Funny how the Berkley article has no mention of the classmate interviews where they said he slept less than 3 hours a night and studied till he died.

There is something wrong if such insane study hours are needed. Cramming at last moment??

Last edited:
There is something wrong if such insane study hours are needed. Cramming at last moment??

No, not cramming. They just keep piling on the assignments and tests, which means fear and stress keep increasing. After a certain stage it becomes completely counter-productive. Much of the study material needs time, paced effort, and leisurely thought to assimilate properly -- just the things not available in the USA.

No, not cramming. They just keep piling on the assignments and tests, which means fear and stress keep increasing. After a certain stage it becomes completely counter-productive. Much of the study material needs time, paced effort, and leisurely thought to assimilate properly -- just the things not available in the USA.

Not much time over for introspection, discovery and invention (in the J J Hadamard sense).

I guess it would definitely serve me (and many other people) better to take my time and complete a online financial engineering degree part time.

Back