• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF - NYC v/s PA

The 100% FT number is a little better, but it's for 6 months post graduation, where as CMU's 90% is 3 months post graduation.

True this is also a factor, though I know CMU numbers as of today, i.e. almost after 6 months post graduation and they're not 100%.

Okay, let us assume that you are better at numbers than ordinary people like us.
So according to your number crunching:
CMU (6 failures + 18 people without internships + 84% full-time placement)
=
Berkeley (100% internship placement with salary $7,300 per month + 100% Fulltime placement with salary $158,000 per year)
I don't know how many people will believe your number-crunching.

Sorry, I shouldn't have generalized. It made me seem arrogant. I guess I was just referring to you.

Okay, let us assume that you are better at numbers than ordinary people like us.
So according to your number crunching:
CMU (6 failures + 18 people without internships + 84% full-time placement)
=
Berkeley (100% internship placement with salary $7,300 per month + 100% Fulltime placement with salary $158,000 per year)
I don't know how many people will believe your number-crunching.

CMU numbers are wrong here. Full time placement was 90% last time they released stats to current students.
Also, maybe Berkeley failed some people as well (how about those people not looking for an internship?).

6 failures, meaning 6 people either dropped out / were kicked out? I find that pretty hard to believe considering the size of the class...

6 failures, meaning 6 people either dropped out / were kicked out? I find that pretty hard to believe considering the size of the class...

yes but keep in mind that that number comprehends also part time students.

Why is the dropout rate higher for part-time students? People quit in the middle if they think they don't need it anymore? Too demanding to work / study at the same time? Got relocated at the job?

81 students have accepted the internship position. 83/84 have internship positions.

Thanks
Babinu

What those numbers don't say is how many of those internships are unpaid internships and desperate students who are willing to take/do anything.

Berkeley says that they have 100% internship placement with AVERAGE SALARY $7,300 per month. It is safe to assume that all the internships are paid and the students are not doing unpaid internships.

Berkeley says that they have 100% internship placement with AVERAGE SALARY $7,300 per month. It is safe to assume that all the internships are paid and the students are not doing unpaid internships.

that's the same CMU reports. So it is safe to assume that all the internships are paid and CMU students are not doing unpaid internships.

Could you please provide the link where CMU reports the Average Internship salary? I could only find the salaries for the full-time placements of CMU.

Could you please provide the link where CMU reports the Average Internship salary? I could only find the salaries for the full-time placements of CMU.

I think it's publicly released after the summer. We have it being current students.
mean is currently 6.8k and median is 6.9k.

Back