• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN

Dear @IzabelaRutkowski,

If I was placed on the waitlist on March 1 instead of February 27, should I assume that the offers extended to those on the waitlist were primarily for individuals who were waitlisted earlier? Additionally, given that the deadline for the last batch of offers is March 27, will the next batch of offers be released a few days after this date, or is it possible for some individuals on the waitlist to receive their responses at any time before March 27?

Yes, the group of the newest offers will be for folks from the waitlist. We are getting ready to deliver another round of offers from among both the waitlisted students who do not get this round's offers as well as new and old applications. This will happen in a few weeks as we are awaiting responses from the students who already received offers a few weeks ago. If you applied and did not hear from us - do not worry. Your application is being considered.
Will all future batch of decisions be released after the deposit deadlines of prior batch?

Just wondering by any chance have someone got an acceptance deadline deferral from the program?

The deadline to apply for the program is May 9. Since offers are already been extended, does that mean the later one applies is it more challenging/competitive to get accepted?

Pretty sure by now, most offers should have been given / soon as with any other school. There are progs such as UCB CMU or Uchicago which are also open now

But there is a small chance since it’s rolling

Last edited:
New page on the website detailing the summer programs for incoming students:

No, absolutely not true. More offers are coming and also - being moved to a waitlist is a good sign. Please remember that our deadline is in May.
Does that mean that applicants not on the WL so far, are less likely to receive an offer?

And that only a small % of offers have been sent to date?

Does that mean that applicants not on the WL so far, are less likely to receive an offer?

And that only a small % of offers have been sent to date?
It is not appropriate for me to discuss our recruiting strategy. I will say that being on the waitlist is not a bad thing. Offers come both from the waitlist and applicants that are not on a waitlist.

Back