• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSFE Columbia Masters in Financial Economics

Financial Economics Program by Columbia Business School
Yeah, kinda strange that they haven't released anything yet

You would think all things remaining the same, programs with app deadlines close to one another (ex. Columbia MFE (01/05/21) and Columbia MSFE (01/07/21)) would release their first wave of admits close to one another. My Columbia MFE admit came 02/09/21 ... fingers crossed at least one of us hears something today or tomorrow.

You would think all things remaining the same, programs with app deadlines close to one another (Columbia MFE (01/05/21) and Columbia MSFE (01/07/21)) would release their first wave of decisions close to one another. My Columbia MFE admit came 02/09/21 ... fingers crossed one of us hears something today or tomorrow.
Have u interviewed with them yet?

I believe the MSFE program said during the information session that they do admissions for this program (which is in CBS) in conjunction with PhD students for the business school, so the timetables are definitely different than the MFE (which is in the Engineering school) and might also be impacted by PhD admissions?

I believe the MSFE program said during the information session that they do admissions for this program (which is in CBS) in conjunction with PhD students for the business school, so the timetables are definitely different than the MFE (which is in the Engineering school) and might also be impacted by PhD admissions?
Ahh that's a good point. The "all things remaining the same" assumption is certainly violated.

Ahh that's a good point. The "all things remaining the same" assumption is certainly violated.
I'm still optimistic one of us will hear something this week or next week; They don't seem to do rolling interview invites like Princeton based off prior year posts, so once one of us has heard something that's probably it.

I asked the admission office on 01/25 and they said they were going to interview ~ 50 candidates in 2-3 weeks. Let's hope for some updates this week.

wow, considering they accepted 50 total candidates last year I'm guessing they're either accepting much fewer students this year or they just have a very high interview -> acceptance conversion

I ended up emailing them, they said that they met about candidates last week and will likely be sending interview invites this week with admission decisions coming very shortly after (i.e. beginning of march/last week of feb)

I ended up emailing them, they said that they met about candidates last week and will likely be sending interview invites this week with admission decisions coming very shortly after (i.e. beginning of march/last week of feb)
Nice, thank you for the update :). But I guess you are going to Princeton anyway if both of them admit you, aren't you?

Tbh the programs are very comparable IMO in terms of what I want to get out of grad school + it helps that I have friends from undergrad / lived in nyc for two years so I'm pretty ambivalent between the two; Just want to get into one at least!

Tbh the programs are very comparable IMO in terms of what I want to get out of grad school + it helps that I have friends from undergrad / lived in nyc for two years so I'm pretty ambivalent between the two; Just want to get into one at least!
Hah, I see. Pretty sure you should be able to get into at least 1 if not 2. Princeton isn't far away from NYC anyway. I think we are in similar situation where I want to gain potential research experience and evaluate if I want to do a PhD afterward.

Back