• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Corona Virus discussion

I know most of the comments on this thread concern the potentially disruptive effects of current health crisis, but I thought I would go ahead and promote what I think is a great series of videos introducing the SIR model.

I am taking an MOOC for differential equations (Coursera) and was pleasantly surprised when I found these videos among the course materials. I don’t have the strongest background in differential equations yet was still able to take a good bit away from these videos so I thought I would share it for all the students that frequent this website.

Video 1:
The SIR Model - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera
Video 2:
The Basic Reproductive Ratio - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera
Video 3:
Solution of the SIR Model - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera

I know most of the comments on this thread concern the potentially disruptive effects of current health crisis, but I thought I would go ahead and promote what I think is a great series of videos introducing the SIR model.

I am taking an MOOC for differential equations (Coursera) and was pleasantly surprised when I found these videos among the course materials. I don’t have the strongest background in differential equations yet was still able to take a good bit away from these videos so I thought I would share it for all the students that frequent this website.

Video 1:
The SIR Model - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera
Video 2:
The Basic Reproductive Ratio - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera
Video 3:
Solution of the SIR Model - First-Order Differential Equations | Coursera
With your knowledge of C++ you could solve them using odeint

(BTW most models are toys)

Last edited:
Back