• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do you guys have facebook profile?

wtt

If so, I would love to add you to my friend list.

I believe that facebook is a good platform to foster more trusted enviornment...

If you have one and don't want to disclose here, you can add me to your friend list by sunzhoujian@gmail.com

I look forward to getting to know people from this financial engineer program and I
hope that will be mutually beneifical for our professional career and personal life...

Thanks so much for your attention!

The advantage of facebook profile

The great advantage of facebook are:

1) We can view each other's life more closely.
2) We can share and get to know more friends in the top firms in New York Area and around the world.
3) We can organize events and distribute message directly and quickly...

If so, I would love to add you to my friend list.

I believe that facebook is a good platform to foster more trusted enviornment...

If you have one and don't want to disclose here, you can add me to your friend list by sunzhoujian@gmail.com

I look forward to getting to know people from this financial engineer program and I
hope that will be mutually beneifical for our professional career and personal life...

Thanks so much for your attention!

Yeah, Facebook is much better than other social networking site out there (MySpace, Friendster, etc).
Since most of us are graduate students, not undergrad so I doubt you would see many of us there. And if any of them are there, I'm sure they will let you know via your email.

In future, you will see the Quantnet member profile section being revamped. That's when a major update of this forum software is released. Each member then can have their own profile space where they can have friendlist, guestbook, comments, blog, etc ....
Things are only getting better ;)

Facebook

Thank you for your reply. However, facebook has been changed a lot recently.

Actually there are a lot of working professionals and graduate students in facebook as well. I have the chance to add many folks from top firms(Citigroup, MS and etc) and top graduate schools(Havard, Columbia, UPenn and etc) as well. But I didn't find people from financial engineer program. So I thought it is a good idea to get to know folks in this field.

Yeah, Facebook is much better than other social networking site out there (MySpace, Friendster, etc).
Since most of us are graduate students, not undergrad so I doubt you would see many of us there. And if any of them are there, I'm sure they will let you know via your email.

In future, you will see the Quantnet member profile section being revamped. That's when a major update of this forum software is released. Each member then can have their own profile space where they can have friendlist, guestbook, comments, blog, etc ....

Facebook

I am writing here, not only to get to know more ppl in this field, but also to share my friend list with you guys... :)

Have a great day!

quant network

Also, if quant network organized group in facebook, it may attract more people to this group and program... :)

It always a win-win situation...

I am writing here, not only to get to know more ppl in this field, but also to share my friend list with you guys... :)

Have a great day!

my coworkers got me to sign up for a Facebook profile.
So now I have Facebook, linkedIn, Doostang,Friendster, Meetup profiles....;) But no MySpace.:)

When everyone has all these, it's impossible to keep track of your network. LinkedIn was the yesterday hottest professional network. Now it seems Facebook is IT. Who knows what will be the next hot one.

we don't have time for facebook. Also, you need to be really careful all your information is public on these social network Sites.

With so many places, it is hard to keep track of them. I might have profile on facebook but don't visit the site very often. I only visit Quantnet and a Russian website :)

I just checked facebook a second ago, and noticed we don't have a Quantnet group up there. It wouldn't be a bad idea... I think ...at least a way to place faces with names, and connect with Quantnet members on other levels

set up group in Linked In

Many people around me and myself actually use LinkedIn as the online professional network. There are quite a few quantitative finance related groups already been set up but we surely can go establish our own. Plus Linked is a very active place for executive recruiting firms so it might also help for job search and connections.

Stephen

Andy said:
Why not. The world is facebooking so let's join Quantnet on Facebook - a group i just created for Quantnet members who have a facebook account
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42433254437

I use it quite often; it is a good alternative to sending messages. Although, a lot of people don't want other to 'see' when they are online, which means they won't show up in that chat window.

I use it once in a while. Adium (a very cool IM client) has support for it as well.

I use it once in a while. Adium (a very cool IM client) has support for it as well.

Same goes for Pidgin on Ubuntu and I believe also for Empathy.

Back