• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Does anyone knows about UNCC

I personally really like the Math Fin program at UNCC. They are a small class, seem to have an association with Wachovia now Wells Fargo and Bank of America, and are pretty mathematical.

My concerns are the location Charlotte which is definitely not an NYC or Chicago, they dont seem to be very known, and i dont see much C++, although I am an IT graduate.

It would be gr8 if someone esp. Dominic could share his opinion. Does any1 know abt the program. I dont see it discussed enough unlike some of the other programs.

heres the link

http://www.mathfinance.uncc.edu/program_of_study.htm

Thanks a lot

I have not received the decision from UNCC as yet since I applied quite late. I have scholarships of $5000/Sem from IIT Chicago and $3000/Sem polytechnic. Effectively, my tuition is abt $32000 for both the courses, but I am more keen on UNCC.

Also, their tuition comes to abt $28000 without any schol, if I get an admit that is. If I get some schol, all the more better.

I wonder how big is Charlotte as a financial center apart from Wachovia and BoA. Are there many other companies who would be looking to recruit Math Fin students.

I wonder how big is Charlotte as a financial center apart from Wachovia and BoA. Are there many other companies who would be looking to recruit Math Fin students.
Don't get your hopes to high with Charlotte. I don't know about Wachovia but BAC is shifting whatever is left of trading business to NY.

Hello Alain,

Thanks for your response. Desperately trying to contact some of the current students but no1 wants to respond it seems. Some of them were desperately seeking for help last yr at GD. I wonder how things change.

Desperately trying to contact some of the current students but no1 wants to respond it seems
That's not a good sign.:-k

Back