• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Does Quant MS/PhD Make Sense?

Does Quant Ms/PhD Make Sense

• 1. Don't pay attention to all the negative press about quants...

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • 2. Fancy math and computing education demand is growing in ??...

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 3. Financial services need such skills much more beyond quant roles...

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • 4. This is as bad as it gets, things should turn around in 2 years (or 4)...

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • 5. Stop thinking about further education in this area,...

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 6. There are other ways of doing hara kiri...

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
if I would have the option to change my career direction, other than Quant FE, but someway keep on the same business, what would it be your advice?
I'll appreciate your clever comments !

if I would have the option to change my career direction, other than Quant FE, but someway keep on the same business, what would it be your advice?
I'll appreciate your clever comments !

Become a Medical Doctor or a Jet Pilot.

I think the things that we should learn from this debacle are... The Federal Reserve inflated prices by meddling with the interest rates too much. The rates should be set by the free market and not some academics. The Fed should be removed. People need to realize the limitations of their models and more tail risks.

I beg to differ: this problem goes much deeper than low interest rates. It is about opaque derivatives markets and misplaced incentives from mortgage originators to hedge funds. I would put interest rate policy pretty far down my list of things to learn here.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your position.

Back