• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

End of Semester Bonanza

Eugene Krel

sunmulA
I propose a night at the bar or a big dinner the week after memorial day to celebrate the end of the semester. My suggestion is Thursday, May 28th at 8pm or so.

This would give everyone a chance to relax before the arduous summer Statistics course. Any new students that are entering the program in the Fall are also welcome to come and mingle with current students. Alumni should also come if for no other reason than to have a drink and relax from a day at work.

Any suggestions for this?

Of course, there will be drinking after the Stochastic final on the 21st. Everyone is welcome to come to that as well.

I agree

I say we go for dinner then drinks.

For selfish reasons, I recommend before the 28th as I'll be out of town then. But if it is the 28th, I'll drink my face off in spirit. :D

I also think that it should be before the 28th

People have structured finance final that night, and stochastic is the next day. Not sure how that would work out.

FREE DRINKS

Anyone planning to come here after the stochastic final ?

I have heard they are offering free drinks !

"Dear Graduate Students,

It is finally here ... the moment you have all been waiting for ... the Graduate Student Assembly End-of-Year Party!

The Board of Directors of the GSA cordially invites you to our last event of the 2008-2009 school year. And, we do have a lot to celebrate -- the end of final exams, the end of another school year, graduation for some of us, and the start of summer!

So, join your fellow grad students one more time for drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a whole lot of fun! You don't want to miss it!

Thursday, May 21
9:00 pm to 12:00 midnight
ASPEN
30 West 22nd Street (b/t 5th and 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10010
www.aspen-nyc.com

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
This is a private event and is open ONLY to current Baruch Graduate Students who are 21 years of age. You MUST show your valid Baruch Graduate Student ID card for admission -- no exceptions will be made. Guests are not permitted.

This event is complimentary, but due to space limitations and city fire code regulations, the capacity is limited to 350 people at any given time. Aspen will do its best to accommodate all guests.

Can't wait to see you there!

Sincerely,

The G.S.A.

Cortney Nathanson, President
Alejandra ("Alex") Rojas, Vice President
Robin Breuer, Treasurer
Jose Andres Garcia, Secretary
Seejo Purushothaman, Member-at-Large/Club Liaison
Bonnie Gang, Member-at-Large/Social and Programming Chair
Steve Yu Member-at-Large/Academic Affairs Committee Chair"

I was planning on checking it out, assuming my brain does not explode during the stochastic calculus final.

too bad I cannot join you guys... ;)

good luck tonight if you are taking the 9862 final!

Yes, I think we can plan on Alpine, and if that doesn't work, Globe, I suppose.

But Eugene, how will you get in with your undergraduate ID?

We can take turns smuggling beer out for you in the alley. Just hide in the dumpster.:cheers:

Carl, his undergrad ID isn't the problem...
The problem is that he isn't 21 yet.

Anyone planning to come here after the stochastic final ?

I have heard they are offering free drinks !

"Dear Graduate Students,

It is finally here ... the moment you have all been waiting for ... the Graduate Student Assembly End-of-Year Party!

The Board of Directors of the GSA cordially invites you to our last event of the 2008-2009 school year. And, we do have a lot to celebrate -- the end of final exams, the end of another school year, graduation for some of us, and the start of summer!

So, join your fellow grad students one more time for drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a whole lot of fun! You don't want to miss it!

Thursday, May 21
9:00 pm to 12:00 midnight
ASPEN
30 West 22nd Street (b/t 5th and 6th Avenues)
New York, NY 10010
www.aspen-nyc.com

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
This is a private event and is open ONLY to current Baruch Graduate Students who are 21 years of age. You MUST show your valid Baruch Graduate Student ID card for admission -- no exceptions will be made. Guests are not permitted.

This event is complimentary, but due to space limitations and city fire code regulations, the capacity is limited to 350 people at any given time. Aspen will do its best to accommodate all guests.

Can't wait to see you there!

Sincerely,

The G.S.A.

Cortney Nathanson, President
Alejandra ("Alex") Rojas, Vice President
Robin Breuer, Treasurer
Jose Andres Garcia, Secretary
Seejo Purushothaman, Member-at-Large/Club Liaison
Bonnie Gang, Member-at-Large/Social and Programming Chair
Steve Yu Member-at-Large/Academic Affairs Committee Chair"

Sounds interesting. I will try to go and check it out ...

Back