• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Forward rate setting

Dear Expert,

I am reading forward rate from Steven Shreve’s Stochastic Calculus.

I am watching the below video with a hope it will help me

I some how struggle to understand how the process of selling an instrument short today and going forward setting up a long position work.

Attached is a small write-up from the content in the video (till time 2.4minutes)

I have also listed my questions in red colour. The text in blue is as is narrated by the present in the video. The text in brown is my understanding.

Kindly help me in understanding why we do this.

If anyone can even refer me to another study material/book/article I will be more than happy to understand it from that source.

The above point has been a source of desperation to understand, but I have not made much progress in understanding it.

Kindly help.

Attachments

• Forward rates - Stochastic.pdf
    618.8 KB · Views: 11
Back