• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Good Book for Advanced Calculus

Try Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms: A Unified Approach (http://matrixeditions.com/UnifiedApproach4th.html); it's used in the honors calculus sequence at Cornell and written by the professor who teaches it.

A fine book, but like the one by Janich, written for pure math types. The moment you talk about differential 1-forms -- which live in the cotangent space and act as linear functionals on tangent vectors -- you're going to lose just about everyone who isn't a pure mathematician.

vincegata :: you make no sense with your statement; calculus is a subset of analysis.

and Analysis is a subset of Mathematics...

There lies your ignorance. Adv Calc and Analysis are at a different level, clearly OP was not asking for Analysis book. I bet you cannot tell the difference what Adv Calc and Analysis cover.

vincegata :: *sigh* this really depends on how a school defines them, so your make a really moot point :rolleyes:

That does not depend on how a school defines them, these subjects are universally and well defined. I told you, you would not tell the difference. Open Adv Calc by Kaplan and Analysis by Rudin and you'll see the difference. I am not going to read this thread anymore fyi.

Back