• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Google Chrome

Same problem with chrome for mac

Well if your /home is on another partition, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Otherwise ;(

Anyone got Chrome installed on Ubuntu? It does not make it to ubuntu apt yet. There is a wine solution but it's pretty handicapped compared to the MS version.

I was using this thing called 'Chromium' for a bit. It's supposed to be Chrome-ish, but yea...not so much.

If you are looking for ad blocking, the best method I've found if you're using windows is a hosts file. Completely prevents any tcpip connections to a ton of ad networks and a ton of other stuff you wouldn't want to connect to. So you don't need a browser-specific solution.

It's really easy to install (it's just a text file)

Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Given that I do a lot of web development, the Firebug debug/development tool is crucial. There is nothing like that on Chrome just yet (that I am aware of). This is the beauty of the Firefox plugin system.

Back