• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

headhunter for J P Morgan

I have no contact with anyone in JP Morgan. I want to interview with the firm, but I found no headhunter who works with them. Anybody knows someone with contacts in JP Morgan?

Many big banks stopped using recruiters and hire directly. Maybe this is the case with JPM too.

We don't work with JPM.

I think what maxrum is saying is that entry level recruiting at some firms has been taken over by HR. This happens every few years, then when they can't stand it any more, they switch back.

If you ever gotten an interview with JPM save the contact. Know never know that later on if you call in periodically they might have a position open and they will keep you in the loop.

I work for JPM so I see alot of jobs on the system. If you see a position your interested I can refer you if that counts for anything. email me with a REQ number @ seansal6@hotmail.com

keep in mind iam very busy between school and work. Its actually been a long time since Ive been to this site. Alot of changes I must say. Looks good Andy if your reading this.

Yes, I'm reading this FourthQuattro.
And I haven't seen you since our last meeting during the annual Quant Network Central Park picnic in Sept.

I know. The picnic was great, What I got from it I dont think any forum could replace. I certainly found a new respect for you guys and in some ways I realized that this line of work wasn't for me personally. I ended up going back to school for an Electrical Engineering but at the end of the day when its said and done I hope I can use my finance degree in some way shape or form as well.

I will try not to stay lost for so long. As alot of the topics on here are interesting to me even though it wont land me what was once a dream job. The new layout will have me coming back for sure. :thumbsup:

Quant career isn't for everyone and many have paid a high price to find out. Glad to hear you could make a better informed career decision after meeting and getting first person experience from the good members of this site. It's pretty priceless value.

Hope other members here can benefit from you referring them internally at JPM. It's community spirit right there.

Back