• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help!!!MBA grad going down for last count.lol

I recently graduated from Regis University in Denver Colorado with a general MBA and a gpa of 3.76. I graduated in June. I have job hunted for 5 months now and have not even come close to landing that first job. I currently haul the mail for FedEx and work 50 hours a week and job hunt 30 hours a week. And I still cannot find that first job. Is there a company that is hiring right now and would gladly hire an MBA grad with a GPA of 3.76? I will relocate anywhere in the world provided that the pay is worth my time.

Why don't you apply for jobs in the boutique firms and hedge funds. At least you willnot have to compete with the international students.
In the IBs, your application will land up in a huge pile of resumes along with all these international students who have MFEs and MBAs and PhDs from top schools. Some of the IBs like GS have the policy of hiring the best person available irrespective of nationality, so your chances of getting those jobs are really low.

Hi,

Worry not! You will hopefully find a job soon enough! A recent study showed that 9 out of 10 management graduates have found a job in 2010 - an increase from last year! Read the story on the BusinessBecause website at MBA Job Market - More B-School graduates employed now than before - BusinessBecause - it would cheer you up! Good luck! :)

The article is short and it contains only 2 numbers. It's not sufficient. Also comparing with '09 is not going to be promising for MBA aspirants. The job market in '08-'09 was at the bottom.

Furthermore there is another twist. Number of MBA's is rising gradually year by year. Assuming the article is correct (I have my doubts), then it means more people are entering the workforce in business related positions. Since unemployment is flat in services sector, where is trade-off?One possibility could be that more experienced people (also with MBA background since they were working in similar jobs) quit/forced to quit.

Personally I wouldn't rush into a lot of excitement about a second-tier MBA with 9.6 unemployment rate ...

Back