• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How desirable are those with MS in Physics for developer roles?

Mic

I'm currently employed for a tech company as an engineer, but am interested in applying for quant developer roles for hedge funds, prop trading shops, etc. I've used C++ in this job

Anyone know how desirable are Physics MS grads with a few years work experience in tech for quant developer roles in finance? I'd imagine they would be at a disadvantage compared to those with MS in Financial Engineering or PhDs

But with the current pandemic, I'd imagine there's now way more applicants and way fewer jobs than before the pandemic. So I was thinking maybe I'm better off waiting until things get better? Or should I just apply now anyways?

I worked on computational physics using C++. I took alot of applied math courses as an undergrad and probably remember most of them, and have self-studied machine learning. I only took a couple grad-level math courses, but forgot nearly everything from those

Back