• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How is the market for entry level Quant?

I know Brazil is booming. They weren't really hurt during the crisis and they're still fine right now. So their bank stuff is probably fine. But what websites do you use to look for Brazil? I looked on eFin Brazil and there was nothing. I pretty much gave up after that

I made few friends when I went for a conference in Brazil. So I am planning to write to them about any opportunity there. Because what I remember from the talks I had, they generally have openings which doesn't get advertised. If you are interested I can try and ask them to forward your resume as well. But that would be after I hear back from them.

Joy Pathak: I heard from some headhunters that the bonuses get announced in December, like "you're getting $XX K for your bonus in a few months" and then the actual bonus comes out around mid-February, and then there is a lot of movement bc a lot of employees leave after their bonus. At least that's what happens in trading, said this headhunter

That's right. There are rules at many banks with bonus. If you take it you can't leave, etc etc. But most of what you said is how it is, just the months might be different at different banks.

Oh hi. I'm sorry I didn't see this post until now. Yeah I have some documents including the practice test, the real test (as I copied from October 2010) and those tips that Gloucester gave. The test is pretty impossible. Or at least that's how most headhunters (and I) view it. But if you PM me with your email I can send you those.

I'm taking the exam
Anyone has the Gloucester practice and real test that mentionned robopool?

Dullu, which country do you have to go back to, is it Brazil ?

I suspect something is wrong with your CV, the outline of your experience implies that although the market at entry level is still weak, you ought to have got some interviews.

I suspect something is wrong with your CV.

On this note Dominic, how do you compare CV length between USA, Brit etc applicants? I was talking to one of my seniors at my current employer, and he gave me a sample CV which he seemed to quite like, but that I thought was nothing special in terms of layout etc. I've heard anecdotally that Americans like a 1-page cv, which seems quite restrictive, vs the lengthier British inclination.

I haven't read a recent version of your quant guide for quite a while, so please excuse me if these questions are already answered in there.

Declaration of Independence: 1 page
Magna Carta: 1 page
Declaration of the Rights of Man: 1 page

your resume: 1 page
Exactly, people need to learn to use the proper font type and size :)

404px-Us_declaration_independence.jpg

I also am interested in comments on Brazil, and the South America region.

Back