• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How should I network while interning in Chicago?

Hi,

I will be doing a software development internship in Chicago during the summer, and would like to make some connections to get a job in finance. But WHERE do I go to network? Any other networking tips are welcome and appreciated.

Info about me:
I am an undergraduate Computer Science major (I am really close to adding an Economics degree after taking a course this semester; it's really interesting to me). I eventually want to pursue an MFE, but I don't want to enroll until I have a couple of years of experience in my belt.

I know it's been a few days, but oh my goodness. I never knew about meetup.com. Thanks a lot Andy. A LOT.

Networking is also a mindset. You could literally network anywhere. One time I manage to get a business card from a gentleman working as VP @ S&P, because I noticed that he was reading a quant finance book and we started talkng. This happened during a commuter train ride.

Hi,

I will be doing a software development internship in Chicago during the summer, and would like to make some connections to get a job in finance. But WHERE do I go to network? Any other networking tips are welcome and appreciated.

Info about me:
I am an undergraduate Computer Science major (I am really close to adding an Economics degree after taking a course this semester; it's really interesting to me). I eventually want to pursue an MFE, but I don't want to enroll until I have a couple of years of experience in my belt.

For starters, these events could be helpful
http://www.rinfinance.com/
http://datawithoutborders.cc/

There is probably a lot more going on in Chicago

Back