• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

IIT Stuart

Hi everyone,

I will be joining IIT Stuart for Quantitative Finance/Financial Engineering from August 2008. If you have any questions about the program I will be happy to answer them. Based on my research during the past 4 months , I believe that this is an upcoming and industry-useful program with focus on global markets and programming and other useful techniques to become succesful professionals.

One of the most important things that I liked about the course structure is that it gives students the freedom to select various concentrations. For example - if you started out with Financial engineering concentration and found it to be very difficult, you can choose a comparatively easier concentration and you are not forced to drop out and ruin all the effort that you have put in . I do believe that Financial Engineering is the most demanding concentration in this Masters program
IIT Stuart | MS Finance

IIT Stuart | MS Financial Markets

Even though it is not given as much credit as it should , it is way better than most of the misleading programs in Financial Engineering.

I will keep on posting useful information about the program ( employment opportunities, quality of teaching, courses etc.) Hope everything turns out for the good.

-ciao :tiphat:

Thanks in advance for offering to post this information. There is surprisingly little high quality data for people to make such an important decision.

Thanks in advance for offering to post this information. There is surprisingly little high quality data for people to make such an important decision.
Just like in the world of fixed income.

Hi,
I am into my application process for MS in finance with IIT Stuart School of Business. Like you said, I too found this program extremely interesting and very potential. But I would like to get a first hand experience from you on who did you actually feel after being a part of it.

Also, I have a good gpa of 3.68, but couldnt score that well in Gmat. I scored 570. Do you think, I can stand a chance with 570? Do you have any idea what is the real average Gmat score apart from what the website says. I have a 5 yrs of experience from India along with an MBA degree. Can you please guide me

Thanks,
Studyworld.:)

IIT Stuart: Info!!!

Hi

I am pursuing my undergraduate studies in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering and graduate studies in Economics, under the dual degree option, from an Indian university.

I am planning to apply for the Masters in Finance at Stuart School of Business for the fall of 2010. Information and statistics regarding admission, placement and internships for the year 2008 are not available on the website. Can you please share the same info, so that I can be make a more informed decision while applying. I come from a middle class family and would be grateful if you could inform me regarding my chances of getting a scholarship at IIT,Stuart.

Thank you.

Back