• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interested in Trading simulation at Subotnick Center?

If you guys/girls want to organize a simulated trading session, just take a look at our calendar for the Subotnick Center and let Professor Holowczak a time/date and either Richard or I can run the session.

Also, don't forget that the 'developmental classroom' and the 'seminar room' are different from the 'trading floor,' which is where the event will take place. Just to make things interesting, I think there should be a prize for the top trader :)

This is great! Thanks Christian! If you can conduct the session then we don't have to rely on Prof. H's availability. I will look at the schedule tonight and work with everybody to pick a time! This is going to be a lot of fun given my past experience!

I like very much the idea of a prize as well. What kind of prize do you have in mind? Cash? Gift-certificate?

Christian,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but what exactly do you mean by simulated trading session?

Trading against one another, if so who is the broker?

Otherwise do you mean program vs. program, if so what is the common market?

Okay...looking at Subotnick calendar, things looks pretty packed during the weekdays, except Friday. It seems like Friday evening or Saturday afternoon is our best options. Given the interests so far I'd vote for either next Friday Oct 5 at 6pm or Saturday Oct 6 at 4pm. I'm going to send an email to Prof. H now and see if either of these 2 days are fine with him.

Christian,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but what exactly do you mean by simulated trading session?

Trading against one another, if so who is the broker?

Otherwise do you mean program vs. program, if so what is the common market?

Everyone that participates will be competing against each other. For example, in the equities simulation there will be a certain time frame, and each person will be given some different, but incomplete information regarding the final value of the security.

It is up to everyone to use what the know, and observe the behavior in the price to determine the probable end price to be. Using that, buy and sell accordingly to make the most profit.

Folks:
How would Friday October 26 work? I am giving a reception and tour for the
Graduate Business Student Services Association from 5:00 to 6:30 (or 7:00)
After that event is over we can get in and use the trading floor.

p.s. sorry about the PM. If you need to contact me please e-mail me at my Baruch
e-mail address.

Cheers,

Prof. H.

Folks:
How would Friday October 26 work? I am giving a reception and tour for the
Graduate Business Student Services Association from 5:00 to 6:30 (or 7:00)
After that event is over we can get in and use the trading floor.

p.s. sorry about the PM. If you need to contact me please e-mail me at my Baruch
e-mail address.

Cheers,

Prof. H.

Professor Holowczak:

Can we postpone the tutorials to early November? Because we have three mid-terms due on the last week of October. What about others' opinions?

Muting

The Career Fair is on October 26th, at NYU. People would be very tired after that.

Rich, any suggestions for November?

Thanks again for doing this! You are totally wonderful!

OK - how about this -
Our Equity Markets Microstructure Seminar ends around 4:00pm
on Friday November 16. We could start the trading simulation at
5:30 or so.

Let me know

Cheers

Prof .H.

Folks:
We still on for Nov. 16 at 5:30pm for an equties trading simulation?

Cheers,

Prof. H.

Back