• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Investing your own money

I found this forum on the internet while looking for reading material to learn about investing, and I'm really interested to know how life, or a career, as a quant applies to your investments outside of work.

What would you consider to be your top reads for personal investing?

I am currently reading this book "Come Into my Trading Room" from Alexander Elder. It is an interesting book on trading. Especially, it explains why succesful traders in firms, loose money when they begin to trade on their own.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'd also be interested in how the community here does in their personal investing if people feel like sharing.

I use no math for my personal investments (aside from general accounting). I invest in companies I know. FWIW, right now all I know is cash :) Okay, I still have a couple other stocks and gold as longer term investments too, but quant trading strategies don't factor into my personal investing. If I did not have a full time job, then it might be different.

Back