• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Is is too late to apply?

Hello,
I am interested in applying to Baruch MFE for the fall semester. I see that the deadline is April 1st. However on this forum I see many people being interviewed and accepted. Hence will I be at a disadvantage if I apply in the next week or so ? I have my scores and essays ready, it is just a matter of sending the application.

Thanks for the help.

I don't think you will be at a disadvantage , Dr Stefan himself has mentioned in many chats that they don't have a limit on number of students to admit and they admit everyone they deem worthy of an admit. However during the last couple of weeks due to plethora of applications you might be at a slight disadvantage otherwise you are good to go :)

Hi,

I have submitted my Baruch application since 20 February 2012. My third recommendation was submitted on 14 March 2012. Up to this point of time, my application status is still "Not review yet". I am quite worried for my application status. I am not sure if my application still has any chance to be considered by the admission committee.

Actually, I am still waiting for my professor to submit his recommendation letter on 21 March. Because I think the deadline is approaching, I have asked my manager to write and submit a recommendation letter while waiting for my professor. I am not sure if Baruch will keen on considering all 4 letters, including the coming letter which will be submitted on 21 Mar.

My apology if you think this is not the right place to post those kinds of questions. I sent out several emails to the Cathy Levkulic and have not received any reply yet. I guess she should be very busy as the application process is in full swing.

Regards,
Laura.

If all three letters are in, then the application should be making its way through the evaluation process.

As of now, the next step after "Not Reviewed Yet" is either an interview invitation or "Denied". We will implement an "Under Evaluation" field beginning next year.

If the application status is mentioned as Incomplete, should I expect an email from Baruch letting me know what is missing. I am concerned as all my recommendation letters have been sent (the last one was sent on the 14th of March) and the GRE scores were sent officially since the second week of February.

Back