• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is there any advantage of applying to round 1 over round 3 for UCB MFE?

I am just wondering because I was looking through the tracker for Boston MathFin and saw that someone had said the bar for round 3 was much higher than round 1

I think the bar should be comparable. Working professionals may account for a larger proportion in R3 and R4, though. But I believe they know exactly what kinda candidates they wanna take. I would suggest joining their info session and let them evaluate your resume. ;)

With qualifications strong enough, I don't see much difference imo. The advantage is more that if you are in waitlist in round 1, then you get time to 'prove' them you want to get in before round 2/3/4.

Back