• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

[Job] Entry level quant, Associate, Model Quality Review

A Quantnet member who is a hiring manager at S&P sent me a message that he is looking to hire 2 entry-level quant positions for his firm. the positions will be at the firm's HQ at 55 Water Street, NYC. He said "This is an entry level position for a beginning quant fresh out of school, working for me at S&P. Candidates with MBA's should not apply."

EDIT The positions have been filled by two Quantnet members

Associate – Model Quality Review

The Standard and Poor’s Model Quality Review Group seeks an Associate to join the Model Quality Review (MQR) team. This team is responsible for independently validating and testing the quantitative financial models and engines that are developed in-house by the research, business and transaction quantitative support, and quantitative programming teams, and for analogous reviews of third-party models. MQR is primarily responsible for assessing compatibility of models with the relevant S&P Criteria, and for assessing suitability of models for their intended analytical use. MQR will work closely with the business units, quality assurance teams, the Quantitative Analytics Research Group, and the policy review board, to ensure that all models are of the highest quality.

The Associate will support the quantitative model validation and review of the quantitative engines that drive many of S&P’s core ratings and credit management tools. The Associate will spend much of their time coding in MATLAB, and will be responsible for producing MQR reports, typically written in LaTeX, based on their reviews. The job incumbent will also be responsible for managing and prioritizing competing requests from disparate areas of the business. This position requires an ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide audience to maximize comprehension.

Qualifications:
• Advanced degree in Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance, a Ph.D in either discipline or another quantitative discipline, such as mathematics, physics, or engineering is highly desirable
• Financial modeling experience is highly desirable
• Advanced quantitative skills are essential
• In-depth knowledge of financial instruments is highly desirable
• Excellent programming skills, ideally in MATLAB
• Excellent writing skills (a writing sample will be requested)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, able to overcome obstacles, and think creatively

It's fascinating, that people can network for the job through Quantnet. That makes Quantnet a great place.

It's fascinating, that people can network for the job through Quantnet. That makes Quantnet a great place.

If only this magical place could land me an internship. One can dream, right? :rolleyes:

I know of one person who got an
If only this magical place could land me an internship. One can dream, right? :rolleyes:

One person that I know of got an internship offer through here. So stay positive!

I know of one person who got an

One person that I know of got an internship offer through here. So stay positive!

They weren't in high school though =P
I'm still working on the leads I had but there's no guarantee of anything :(

Back