Job Search Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter MRoss
  • Start date Start date
Hi everyone,

As a new year's resolution I have decided to give back. I went from being an elementary school math teacher and in a non-target undergrad school (Psych/Ed) to one of the best banks in the world and graduating from an excellent master's program. I would absolutely not have been able to accomplish this if not for the amazing people who helped me along the way. I wouldn't call these mentors out on LinkedIn for fear of them getting overwhelmed with messages, but special thanks to: My Dad (Paul Ross), Steve O'Hanlon, Tim Grant, Ken Abbott, and Dan Stefanica to name a few.

To give back I have decided to share my own personal bag of job searching tricks. My wife saw me posting one of them and said "why are you giving away your secrets!?". These are not traditional pieces of advice; and certainly not anything you will hear from quants, but for me personally these all were extremely helpful in find connections, landing and nailing interviews, and impressing on jobs.

I'll be posting these tidbits once a week on LinkedIn (if you would like I can post here as well?)

Would love any feedback here! Negative or positive.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/markrossmfe/

Cool. Let me make it through my exam Monday and I'll start something here.

Back