• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

job w/o programming skills?

hi there,
im finishing a phd in theoretical physics and have strong math/problem solving skills. however, i dont know how to and dont really want to program.
im looking for a job where i can utilize my math skills w/o being able to program. is there a need in the finance world for people like me?
cheers. alex

Yeah, Experimental HEP would have been more applicable. Sorry dude.

hi there,
im finishing a phd in theoretical physics and have strong math/problem solving skills. however, i dont know how to and dont really want to program.
im looking for a job where i can utilize my math skills w/o being able to program. is there a need in the finance world for people like me?
cheers. alex

No.
I think the phrase dont really want sends very bad signals.

40 years ago maybe, in 2013 you are out of touch with reality.

Sorry about that.

you can be a structurer at a bank.. you'll have to program a little bit but mostly it'll be a job that uses the creative side of a math background

You have to at least be able to use VBA excel. Structurers and many trading desks at banks will just use excel vba for their work.

Back