• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master reading list for Quants, MFE (Financial Engineering) students

Hello. I am a MS Finance student from University of Frankfurt, Germany. I come from Engineering and technology background. I find Quantitative Finance and Programming rather easy and interesting. But I would like to know, as a part of Interview preparation for Quant/ Derivative Trading jobs, how much Corporate Finance/capital Market/Investment Fundamentals are expected.
Can someone comment on Investments (Bodie Kane Marcus).
I find the book too much detailed, and not very comprehensive...

I just talked to Dr. Jeremy Bernstein, the author of Physicists on Wall Street and Other Essays on Science and Society

I read through the first 3 essays on Amazon and it was great. He is such a gifted story teller and the stories he told about how he knew Emanuel Derman when he was still a student at Columbia and how he met other great minds in quant finance provide a very interesting frame of reference.

I added his book to the must read books, along with Derman My life as a Quant

Physicists on Wall Street and Other Essays on Science and Society

Andy, this is a great list, but it seems to be tailored to those who are looking to get into the industry. The old list also included books on programming, volatility, credit, etc. It would be helpful to include those categories for those looking to extend their knowledge rather than break into the industry.

I have the book but I haven't had the time to go through it. It seems informative.

Regarding newspapers, if you were to subscribe to one, would you choose the Financial Times or the WSJ?

Regarding newspapers, if you were to subscribe to one, would you choose the Financial Times or the WSJ?

FT. A more cosmopolitan and urbane outlook. Even left-wingers read the cogent analysis only to be found in the FT. No equivalent anywhere to columnists like, say, Wolfgang Munchau.

Back