• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master's Thesis topics in quantitative finance?

There are too many papers online. You can just replicate one of them. I’m currently replicating “factor mimicking portfolios” you can ssrn that

I used This papir in my theiss. I Will definitely recommend this topic :)
Are the results 'interpretible'?

Something auditors and regulators like.

I'm doing some math-heavy CS research. Like the math behind various learning algorithms, some of which are popular in finance. I am trying to steer it towards quant-ish stuff but it's the best I can do. I'm doing an MSCS as opposed to an MFE because of better job opportunities (My goal is to be a quant, but I'd rather be an engineer than an analyst if that doesn't work out)

As I'm still brainstorming ideas, I came up with a random idea to minimize hedging error with stochastic/normal gradient descent. Does this even make sense?

Are the results 'interpretible'?

Something auditors and regulators like.
Just a quick Q. Dr. Duffy, would with regards to the first one (Interpretability of ANN Representation of SABR) do you think this would be something Banks/HFs would find useful/interesting? I know that I should do something I personally want to do, but I also want to find something which would also interest potential employers

Just a quick Q. Dr. Duffy, would with regards to the first one (Interpretability of ANN Representation of SABR) do you think this would be something Banks/HFs would find useful/interesting? I know that I should do something I personally want to do, but I also want to find something which would also interest potential employers
I am not an employer but my feeling is if you know this modern stuff it proves you are flexible which employers like.. Especially new startups, maybe.
Good luck!

I assume you have a supervisor whom you can chat with for some topics as well.

Back