• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invitation Fall 2023

Can someone please thro
Anyone received a thank Fingers crossed that it's not a rejection. All the info I could find from a thread in 2013 indicates that its a waitlist/rejecti
Fingers crossed that it's not a rejection. All the info I could find from a thread in 2013 indicates that its a waitlist/reject
Fingers crossed that it's not a rejection. All the info I could find from a thread in 2013 indicates that its a waitlist/rejection.
Can you send the link to this pls

Can someone please thro

Can you send the link to this pls

Use the advanced search functionality.

So does receiving this mail confirm waitlist/rejection? I couldn’t figure anything from the historical thread you sent.

Did everyone who did the interview got one though?
Yeah, why is it that only some are receiving this email? Also the email has stuff on transcripts and deposits. I do not know why rejected candidates would get that mail.

I don't know, but its possible that the email is not immediately sent out post interview. I interviewed on the 14th and got the thank you email on the 16th.
Even I received the email exactly 2 days after my interview.

I'm going to provide some admission statistics so you guys can put your mind at ease or getting more anxiety. The choice is yours. Once you have your admission interview, just sit back and relax because you did all your part. Getting into MIT is just the beginning of a long journey and a lot of work and effort will be required from you to ensure you get into the job you want.

MIT MFin program is a massive program from a globally recognized university. They have an average of a bit over 2,000 applicants the last 2 years. Each year they will admit about 9-10% of the pool.
Of the class profile, 80-90+% is international applicants and women is less than half of the cohort. Obviously, the class profile will change each year.

To put these into perspective, getting into MIT gives you an instant brand name recognization. You will get to meet lot of smart people there if you take advantage of the opportunity. I know plenty of kids going to MIT (or any school for that matter) and do not socialize outside of their immediate circle throughout their study. It's a huge waste of opportunity.
On the other hand, MIT MFin is a large program which produces 120+ graduates every year. You gotta work much harder to compete with all your classmates and everyone else from MIT or thousands of ambitious graduates to get a job.

You only go to college once so don't stress and enjoy the process everyone.

I'm going to provide some admission statistics so you guys can put your mind at ease or getting more anxiety. The choice is yours. Once you have your admission interview, just sit back and relax because you did all your part. Getting into MIT is just the beginning of a long journey and a lot of work and effort will be required from you to ensure you get into the job you want.

MIT MFin program is a massive program from a globally recognized university. They have an average of a bit over 2,000 applicants the last 2 years. Each year they will admit about 9-10% of the pool.
Of the class profile, 80-90+% is international applicants and women is less than half of the cohort. Obviously, the class profile will change each year.

To put these into perspective, getting into MIT gives you an instant brand name recognization. You will get to meet lot of smart people there if you take advantage of the opportunity. I know plenty of kids going to MIT (or any school for that matter) and do not socialize outside of their immediate circle throughout their study. It's a huge waste of opportunity.
On the other hand, MIT MFin is a large program which produces 120+ graduates every year. You gotta work much harder to compete with all your classmates and everyone else from MIT or thousands of ambitious graduates to get a job.

You only go to college once so don't stress and enjoy the process everyone.
This does put things into perspective, so thank you for that Andy :) It is a highly competitive program, and too many variables go into the outcome of your application.

Life is too short to get worked up over these things. We just have to make the best of wherever we end up!

And don't forget to post your results here guys. It's a tradition we have every year for all the applicants.

Back