• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invitation Fall 2023

no I do not think so. Though I have heard some people get rejection mails end of Feb. Calls only for those who are accepted

Anyone received a thank you email from MIT? does it mean a rejection?
Hmm, I have never seen this mentioned in other posts. If your username is the same as your real name, then might I infer you are from Latin America/Spain? Given the analysis I conducted, approx 80% of applicants are Asian. So the overlap between being a female (Augustina?) and Latin American would put you in a very special bucket, most especially given their aim for a diverse class. Don't want to get your hopes up, but I'd only send an email to people I really am interested in and want them to feel special. Plus, if you have an interview with Princeton, that is already a pretty strong signal your profile is solid. Strong profile + diversity = let's take this student asap.

Who knows... I might be totally wrong with all I've said.

Source to backup my claim:

And in order to figure out total number of applicants, you go here: Academic Program Statistics | MIT Sloan, and also use Wayback Machine to cross reference previous numbers (given numbers for 2019, 2020, 2021 are no longer on their website).

330491443_1259524747977856_3429051985683044580_n.png

Last edited:
Hmm, I have never seen this mentioned in other posts. If your username is the same as your real name, then might I infer you are from Latin America/Spain? Given the analysis I conducted, approx 80% of applicants are Asian. So the overlap between being a female (Augustina?) and Latin American would put you in a very special bucket, most especially given their aim for a diverse class. Don't want to get your hopes up, but I'd only send an email to people I really am interested in and want them to feel special. Plus, if you have an interview with Princeton, that is already a pretty strong signal your profile is solid. Strong profile + diversity = let's take this student asap.

Who knows... I might be totally wrong with all I've said.

Source to backup my claim:

And in order to figure out total number of applicants, you go here: Academic Program Statistics | MIT Sloan, and also use Wayback Machine to cross reference previous numbers (given numbers for 2019, 2020, 2021 are no longer on their website).

330491443_1259524747977856_3429051985683044580_n.png
It seems like an automated email though...

Last edited:
Don't. Some things are out of your control, and many things come into play. You could be a much better candidate than someone else, but still get knocked out because of diversity quotas. Amor Fati my friend.
How was your interview? I think you had it yesterday?

Fingers crossed that it's not a rejection. All the info I could find from a thread in 2013 indicates that its a waitlist/rejection.
It simply wouldn't make sense to me. They are going to deliberate as a committee and review the entire application with the interview. As they repeated a gazillion times, "it's a holistic process".

Back