• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MLB Playoffs Thread

Yankees.com has Mussina going tomorrow. Big mistake IMO. I had just assumed Wang would pitch.

TBS must be happy. Three sweeps in the divisional series.

Yankees.com has Mussina going tomorrow. Big mistake IMO. I had just assumed Wang would pitch.

TBS must be happy. Three sweeps in the divisional series.

Maybe the moose brings some magic.

Woody was right. Arod was the key. Arod had the chance to make his mark in the ninth after Abreu's homer and choked.

Sad day indeed for the Yanks, its definitely not going to be the same team next year...

I love Yankee's while with dark blue streak shirt and the "NY" symbol on its hat. Now I have to wait for next season to see that.....

Red Sox are the American League Champions.

The baseball season ended about a week ago.

Had the Yankees been in the World Series, I would have hardly had time to work on publishing the book in November, which is my target date. So they basically wanted me to have all the time I could have possibly have to work. Thanks, guys!!!

The baseball season ended about a week ago.
Or a month ago for Mets fans :D
Had the Yankees been in the World Series, I would have hardly had time to work on publishing the book in November, which is my target date. So they basically wanted me to have all the time I could have possibly have to work. Thanks, guys!!!
Glad you find the silver linings ;)
You should give football a try. It's a lot of fun. Giants are on a 5-game winning streak. Between Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers, chances are at least one of them is still playing :)

You should give football a try. It's a lot of fun. Giants are on a 5-game winning streak. Between Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers, chances are at least one of them is still playing :)

Funny that you forgot the Jets in this list. I know, it's easy to do this year.

It appears to be a good year to be a Boston sports fan, however. Not only do the Red Sox have to be the favorite over a Colorado team that has had a week to cool off, but the Patriots are just sick. They're #1 in average points scored by more than a TD a week; they're #10 in average points allowed; their average scoring differential per week--22.7--is larger than the scoring average of 21 of the 32 teams in the league. The Pats, in an average 4 quarters, put up more points than their opponents do in 9.

And then there are the Giants. My prediction is that they get a wildcard berth into the playoffs (I don't see them winning the division over the Cowboys, sorry), but then lose on a missed kick by Tynes. (The look on Coughlin's face when he missed the extra point this week was priceless.) Coughlin will get fired, and that's when the talk of Tiki's comeback will start.

Tom Brady is just so out of this world, it's scary. Peyton had a great year when he finally won the Super Bowls but this year Tom Brady is eclipsing everyone at this rate.
Nov 4 will be the best game thus far this year. Clash of the titans !

Funny you mentioned Tynes. I'm worried sick of him. I still remember Jay Feely who missed 3 kicks vs Seahawks game in 2005. Please...do not let history repeat again.

Whatever happens with the Giants this year, I don't think Tiki will come back or anyone missing him. Jacobs, Ward are doing just fine.

Back