• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

More mathematical finance

Is there an electronic version of the book? If not, will there ever be one?

Is there an electronic version of the book? If not, will there ever be one?

the reason lot of authors are not doing ebook these days is because if it gets on internet, the book sales drop extremely.

Congratulations, Mark, very nice sequel!

We just purchased the book for the private library of our students.

Congrats Mark. I was looking forward to the follow up to Concepts in Math Finance. I will order it from Amazon.

I just want a Kindle version. That will be enough for me. I don't like to carry books anymore.

I agree. I am hoping to see a Kindle version of A Primer For The Mathematics Of Financial Engineering, Second Edition by Dan Stefanica in the future as well.

It's a sad truth. Media doesn't make money like it use to. People use to buy books, CDs and movies. Now that everything can be "borrowed" from a friend people will not pay. Kindle versions will be ripped and converted into ePub and PDFs very soon after a books release.

Basically here is my made-up ratio: For every 1 smart guy working for the companies applying safety features that prevent pirating there are 10 really smart guys creating hacks to avoid it.

So it is really lose-lose for authors. They can't make money on printed copies and they can't make money on digital media. Additionally, if an author is too stubborn and says "I will not make a digital book," then people will just download a "comparable" book via torrent.

So it seems that rather than publish books for the money people are publishing just because they enjoy doing it.

in Asia, most students just get ebooks through some dodgy website. This is not just a problem in North Asian countries but also the richer asian countries. People
just don't want to pay for books. sad

Pity, I only read technical books nowadays on kindle and I spend a fortune on Amazon legally buying them...but I can understand why lots of authors refuse to do an ebook version nowadays with such levels of piracy :(

At some time in the futures it will be a (CRIMINAL) offence to illegally download e-books.

So it seems that rather than publish books for the money people are publishing just because they enjoy doing it.
LOL
And to make money, at the very least you should publish yourself and cut out the middle man.

Last edited:
Back