• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MSFE without programming

I am a CFA level 3 candidate with MBA in Finance from Baruch college. Previously my undergraduate major was electronics engineering.

I am looking for MSFE program which fortifies my skillset with more risk management and quantitative skills, without being too heavy on C++ and programming, as I do not like too much programming.

Can the forum please suggest me among the various MSFE programs at columbia NYU, NYU poly, UCB, Berkley etc, which have a well balanced quant, analytical course, without being too heavy at programming.

Contact the schools directly

MFE - programming = max (MS in Fin, MBA)
I am aware the level of programming differs from MFE programs but the least of them would have some kind of programming component where it's a required course (Baruch, CMU) or you do programming as part of HW in several courses.
Probably you are looking for some Finance degree with a bit of quantitative flavor?
Not every program does C++ so if VBA, Matlab is more of your liking, then you can take a look at several programs in your list.
Baruch is definitely not what you can do because you likely won't survive it without C++.

I don't think you need MSFE with your background. Try to search for your dream job now. Use your network and recruiters and see how it plays out. In the process you might realize that you need something else. Every more or less creditable MFE program requires decent amount of programming during the coursework.

Can u suggest any some finance programs with heavy Quant flavor. I am comfortable with using programs like Matlab, VBA etc

Back