• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Need Advice Between Cornell FE & UChicago MSFM

Guys,

I recently got admission from the two schools and do not know how to choose..

The only thing I care about is if I can find a job in the US after graduation..

So, any advice for me?

Thanks a lot!

I think Cornell has more Wall St. exposure, but they are both great schools. Have you looked into the curricula? Which one suits you better? Which location suits you better? Which faculty?

Either of these programs will afford you the opportunity to get a job after you finish, provided you are successful in the program. So, which program would you be more likely to succeed in? That should be your question.

Aside:
I'm going to assume you are a Canadian. I am too. I will also be seeing you at Cornell next year if that's where you decide to go.

I think it's less difficult to find a job in Chicago by going to UChicago than to find a job in NYC by going to Cornell

I would say Cornell since UChicago's program is only 9 months, it will be harder to find a job without summer internship.

I think Cornell has more Wall St. exposure, but they are both great schools. Have you looked into the curricula? Which one suits you better? Which location suits you better? Which faculty?

Either of these programs will afford you the opportunity to get a job after you finish, provided you are successful in the program. So, which program would you be more likely to succeed in? That should be your question.

Aside:
I'm going to assume you are a Canadian. I am too. I will also be seeing you at Cornell next year if that's where you decide to go.

Thanks! I will look into what you mentioned. Really helpful!

Back