• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet forum software

Amanda
First thing: yes. Second thing: click on the option at the bottom of the latest post box to filter out completely posts from forums you don't need to see.
I will be back at 6

So how do i make the most recent posts appear at the start of page? i cant find that option.

Ali,
Do you see the Latest Posts box now? Amanda asked the same question and it seems like she was able to see it. I don't know what she did.

no , i dont . where am i supposed to see the latest post box? can you post a screenshot?

Can you clean browser's cache, log out and in again?
The latest posts are in the same position as the previous one.

oh, i think i wasnt very clear with the question. what i meant is that within one particular thread. how do i get it to sort the posts such that the latest post within that thread is the first. right now the latest post is the last and the oldest is the first.

oh, i think i wasnt very clear with the question. what i meant is that within one particular thread. how do i get it to sort the posts such that the latest post within that thread is the first. right now the latest post is the last and the oldest is the first.
Got you. With the new system where we employ "thread marking" feature. When you click on a thread, it will link to the latest post that you have not read. Now, you don't have to work around that issue by sorting posts in reverse order anymore.

Andy one question please. When I go to the "Download" section (next to tracker on home page) it shows me this message:
Quantnet Forum - Error

The requested page could not be found.

Upgrade or private access problem?

Got you. With the new system where we employ "post marking" feature. When you click on a thread, it will link to the latest post that you have not read. Now, you don't have to work around that issue by sorting posts in reverse order anymore.

ok. thanks.

It looks nifty, but I am really not a fan of the color scheme. I like the old one much, much better. This one's kinda an eyesore :-/

When I went to update my account settings i got "unspecified error" initially (although a subsequent attempt was successful)

I also noticed that on the "most recent posts" part. Inside the classes themselves there are intellisense which helps more or less identify the thread by its first message. As for the information access, I don't think it is time consuming to search the desired thread unless you mean the lack of category field. I am the member of the first group you provided. Seems you are unreasonably on a rampage. To summarize what I said: We can state suggestions about the functionality issues and advice to correct some things. Regardless the details we discuss and arguing on some colors and layouts, we must keep remembering that people put a lot of effort in it and cannot simply say:
Andy said to ask questions and he'll help you identify problems and keep on track. I also would like to have category field since I found it very helpful.

Im not on a rampage at all - and appreciate all the time and effort Andy, yourself (and all others involved) put in to building and maintaing the forums. I don't believe I've been critical or unreasonable. Im simply trying to get my work done :)

To rephrase, I am simply "stating a suggestion" that the user have the option to toggle on/off the intellisense as well as the option to sort posts in reverse chronological. My comment above was akin to requesting temporary opt-out of the early alpha release.

The color scheme and layouts are of little importance to me - so long as its not contrasting complementary colors in a Guido Molinari scheme, I can deal with it.

Another suggestion, is there any way of getting the old smileys back? :p

Can we please have a change to old color. This color is not gentle on the eyes.

Hang in there, people.
Sunday evening is the lowest traffic period of the week when we can do such upgrade. And judging from the numbers of emails I received from panic members the past few hours, it's anything but a normal Sunday evening.
I'm working to get everyone's permission working properly first. That's most important to everyone.

The color scheme, etc are only temporary. I'll turn on the dark background in a bit and you may not like it at all. I have tested this for past few months and have grown to like the light color. It makes reading for hours easy on the eye.

Good job reporting back on the bugs, the annoyances everyone. The coming days are going to be much much better.

it would be cool if the bull at the top linked to the forum index page instead of the quantnet index page ;)

Back