• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet members say hi

Hi all,
my name is Iulian and I work as a quant developer. I have 2 MSc and a PhD in applied math.

Iulian

Hi everyone. My name is Robert and I'm near the end of my junior year working on a B.S. in Electrical Engineering. I found out about Financial Engineering not too long ago, and the more I read about it, the more intrigued I am.

Hello everyone

Hello everyone, my name is Dave and I am currently studying FE myself up in Canada!

First of all my congratulations to the student body at Baruch for creating and maintaining such an active and informative forum...=D> motivates me to start one at my school.

I'm currently enrolled in a MA/FE program at York University/Schulich Business School and I did my undergrad in Engineering at the University of Waterloo. I'm thinking about writing the GRE this summer in order to apply to some MFE programs in the States (Baruch has definitely gotten my attention).

I'll be posting questions periodically, hope you can offer your inputs in the future!

hi friends

hi friends,

Thanks for my friends tim introduce me to this webside and also thank you all to give many advise.

Albert:D

Hello. I am just joined this forum. I am doing PhD in finance in US and my background is EE. I plan to focus on financial engineering/ risk management. I am also searching for internship and reading on the current good topics for my thesis. :)

Hi,Folks.
My name is Denis,currently doing my MBA in US.I had my undergraduate degree in B.eng in industrial design.And I found the FE program right after I started my MBA program(Finance concentration).More I discovered about Financial engineering,More I felt that is somewhere which my strength and interest is.Since then I started preparing to apply MFE program.

So I will be the real quant after 2008.

It's really nice to be with people who share the same interests and dreams

Hi all. Brand new to this forum and MFE type stuff in general. Currently an actuary with one test left trying to figure out if I need more of a mathematical challenge in my life...

Hi everyone i'm Ibrahim,i'm currently student Master degree in Mathematic Modelisation in economics and Finance in France.I'm looking for more information about Job in Quantitative Finance and i'm pleased to join this forum and to have exchange with all of you

Hello

Hello, everyone. :tiphat:

Im an undergrad student at Baruch studying Finance. Considering going for MFE later on, but want to do quantitative finance in any event. So... getting some information here.

See you on other forums!

Hi All
My name is Cheryl and must compliment Baruch on this forum and site as a whole. My main interest is in computing since I am fairly new to it and would like to become an expert in programming. Any suggestions I welcome.

Hello Everyone,
This is an intersting site. Glad to be part of it.
Currently I am in Singapore working as a Senior Quant Developer building Fixed Income trading platform. Development platform is MS Window based, language use are C#, Excel VBA and C++.

Cheers

hello world

My two cents :)
1. manage risk
2. and you probably won't have to beg for change

Hi,
I'm Flora. I'm studying financial math at U of Minnesota now. I am looking for the summer intership now. It will great to learn from you and share experience with you all

Hello Everyone,
This is an intersting site. Glad to be part of it.
Currently I am in Singapore working as a Senior Quant Developer building Fixed Income trading platform. Development platform is MS Window based, language use are C#, Excel VBA and C++.

Cheers

Hello Clement,

Welcome to the forum and hope that you enjoy your time here!

Since you are already in the field in Singapore, do you know which universities' Master of Financial Engineering graduates do financial institutions / banks favour when it comes to employment?

I would presume that MFE graduates from the top tier schools like Berkeley, New York U, CMU and the like would have no problem seeking employment in Singapore. Is that right?

What about other US Financial Engineering Master degree program graduates? For example, the Illonois Institute of Technology, Georgia Tech and Baruch College? How's the employment situation with these graduates?

Hi everyone,

My name is Pranav Sawjiany and I am applying to numerous financial engineering programs for Fall 2008.

This forum is really helpful to newcomers like me who are trying to learn about quant finance and I have benefited greatly from inputs of others.

Cheers

You can send me your resume and I can see what we may have for you. - Eric

We work in HK, and Tokyo, among other areas, if you are interested to see what may be out there for you.

Hmm, part-time...nothing comes to mind. Let me do some digging.

what would prevent you from just diving into a MA program?

Hi everyone!
I am a prop trader in NASDAQ from India. I have done some research in Technical Analysis and tape reading( believe me, those techniques of the time of Livermore are just as applicable today!).

This field of finance is new to me... hope to learn a lot :)

Back