• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

newbie here....hello everybody

hey thanks andy,

i had a doubt regarding the refresher course .. do we need to take it rite away or it will be only for those who are admitted.

Regards
Vineet

i had a doubt regarding the refresher course .. do we need to take it rite away or it will be only for those who are admitted.

The refresher courses will run in Jun till late August. You should receive admission letter long before June. If you are admitted, the letter will tell you if you need to take any of those refresher courses.

From my own experience, refresher courses will be extremely useful for the first semester since much of what you do in refresher courses will be part of your homework in the Fall so you would save lot of time. More importantly, studying in the summer will get you accustomed to the fast pace of the program.

i had a doubt regarding the refresher course .. do we need to take it rite away or it will be only for those who are admitted

Only admitted students can take refresher courses. As Andy said, once you are in, you will have a chance to attend these courses.

You have a very good profile.

Good luck with your application!

Hi all,
I am also admitted by Baruch and I decided to go to Baruch. I greatly appreciate much valuable information you share in this forum.
Besides, could you please give me some advice about what to prepare for this program in my next semester? I know I have to learn a lot of programming. What else do I need to do?

All the best!
Muting

Congratulations!

:welcome:

If you have some extra time, read John Hull's book: "Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives". This book is a good introduction to the finance.

Congratulations!!!=D>

:welcome:

This is just the beginning.

Congrats....

Like professor Ryanes always says..."this is the biggest mistake of your life..." you'll find out the rest of the sentence when you take his class!

Congrats....

Like professor Ryanes always says..."this is the biggest mistake of your life..." you'll find out the rest of the sentence when you take his class!

;);) hienqnguyen...great words...

And Wan, welcome to New York

Congrats too, that something 'else' that you need to do : buy winter clothing.

Congratulations! This reminds me what Dan once said to me:"I like to make people happy!" Can't wait to see you and get to know you!!!

Congratulations and welcome! Besides all the should-do's, let me say that you will for sure enjoy New York and your close family at Baruch. Don't worry too much -- come and enjoy! :)

Good choice Muting. Along with looking at the prerequisite forum, I'd say you should spend one or two weeks on a relaxing Caribbean island :)

Back