• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF NYC campus vs Pittsburgh campus

Hey guys,

does anyone admitted by cmu mscf have suggestions on choosing between the nyc campus and the pittsburgh campus?
in areas like: teach quality, career opportunity, cost of living, life, etc..
thanks!

I have no idea about the NYC campus, but I've visited the Pittsburgh campus!

It's located in Oakland, which is a very nice suburb. There is a strip of restaurants and bars and shopping about a 10-20 minute walk away. The architecture is my favorite feature of the campus. Very beautiful with interesting turn of the century early modern architecture. No AC in the dorms though, so I would recommend living off campus. However, I'm not sure of the availability of off-campus housing. Also, NO parking. Absolutely none. It's god awful. Don't bring a car. The bus station is right off the central lawn and can take you most anywhere you'd like to go.

Overall, the campus is small but very impressive. The quality of the facilities is high and it's a very nice university.

However, I'm not sure of the availability of off-campus housing.

there is only off-campus housing. there is no on-campus housing for mscf students. use craigslist.

Also, NO parking. Absolutely none. It's god awful. Don't bring a car.

not really. there's lots of parking, both paid and free, if you know where to look (although the latter does fill up, for obvious reasons).

although they rob you blind on tuition prices

you get what you pay for.

Back