• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
NYU Tandon School of Engineering - MS in Financial Engineering

NYU Tandon MFE NYU Tandon MFE admissions thread

Past applicants said that if the checklist disappears and the awaiting decision is still there, it means an offer. If both are gone, then it is a rejection. Take this anyway you want, but yeah hard to draw conclusions

@joe_boy Could you confirm if this was true for you?

Edit: Reddit threads from 2 years ago have users who had both banner and checklist disappear, and then get accepted a couple days later. Seems like it could mean anything.

Last edited:
@joe_boy Could you confirm if this was true for you?

Edit: Reddit threads from 2 years ago have users who had both banner and checklist disappear, and then get accepted a couple days later. Seems like it could mean anything.
If you saw this change yesterday, results should be released today around 6pm ET.

I saw my checklist disappeared but "awaiting decision" was still there, and I ended up getting an offer. Personally I didn't receive an email for the update, but I was able to check it in my portal.

Best of luck to you!!

If you saw this change yesterday, results should be released today around 6pm ET.

I saw my checklist disappeared but "awaiting decision" was still there, and I ended up getting an offer. Personally I didn't receive an email for the update, but I was able to check it in my portal.

Best of luck to you!!

Hey congratulations on your offer! Just one question, when your 'Application Checklist' disappeared, did it show an 'Enrollment Checklist' instead along with the 'awaiting decision'?

Past applicants said that if the checklist disappears and the awaiting decision is still there, it means an offer. If both are gone, then it is a rejection. Take this anyway you want, but yeah hard to draw conclusions
I think this is def right since many applicants results have proved it correct, just one minor change - both check list and "waiting decision" are gone will be either waitlist or rejection.

It could also mean you got put on a waitlist. My banner and checklist disappeared, but I only got put on a waitlist.

Probably best not to infer anything until an actual result comes in.

It could also mean you got put on a waitlist. My banner and checklist disappeared, but I only got put on a waitlist.

Yeah you're right, just gonna wait and see.

This is spot on, @Melanieyx was right too. I got an update placing me on the waitlist.

For those of you who noticed changes in the portal before you received a decision, does anyone remember how long it took to receive a decision update after you saw the checklist/"awaiting decision" disappeared?

For those of you who noticed changes in the portal before you received a decision, does anyone remember how long it took to receive a decision update after you saw the checklist/"awaiting decision" disappeared?
They update the portal around 6pm EST I think.

Hi, I submitted my application on 4th February, and I see Awaiting Decision in my Application status. I didn’t open the application page until today, so I am unclear on what the ‘Checklist’ means. I still see the upload materials, confirm your information, verify address and verify email address headers, does that mean my checklist has not disappeared yet?

The checklist is basically a list of materials you submitted. On the left of each item, it should say received or awaiting. If these are there, it means the checklist is still there, and no decision has been entered.

Hi from the financial engineering profs @ NYU Tandon. We were not getting email alerts that this thread was active and so were not looking here. That seems to be fixed. As to the current topic of the info shown in the portal: we profs have no idea what the changes you see signify. NYU takes data privacy very seriously and we cannot see what any student's portal looks like.

I got waitlisted at the end of February. May I kindly ask when I can expect the final admission result for my application? I am a little concerned as an international student that if the admission result were to come out too late, there might not be enough time to respond to other offers with earlier deposit deadlines and also make preparations for visa. Thank you very much!

I got waitlisted at the end of February. May I kindly ask when I can expect the final admission result for my application? I am a little concerned as an international student that if the admission result were to come out too late, there might not be enough time to respond to other offers with earlier deposit deadlines and also make preparations for visa. Thank you very much!
+1 to this query, mainly because of visa timelines

+1 to this query, mainly because of visa timelines
We are very aware of visa timelines -- most of our students need student visas! When the deadline for making a deposit for admitted students passes in early April we will know how many waitlisted students should be admitted and will act on that information.

Back