• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

online splus & r programming?

Hi, new to the thread here, I was wondering if anyone had any info about online tutorials in matlab, sql, splus or r programming, or if there were any free download sites for them. I am looking to learn, as it seems a number of the jobs that I am looking at are requesting that candidates know them pretty well, so I want to make myself more competitive.

Cheers!

There is something called Google that might be able to help.

Thanks for ur insight. I found some r programming tutorials & free software on my own. U can go be a jerk to someone else now.:tiphat:

You can take a look at econphd.net

And yes, Alains comment was kinda "jerkish"! Comments like that are a sad reality of internet forums, having people come in with a bad attitude, commenting as if they were the chosen one!

My comment was not meant to offend. I apologize for it. It just looked like the original poster didn't do any research before he/she posted. The fact is, there are plenty of online resources on Internet and just a simple search would have produce the results (he or she did because he found them).

My answer was kind of "jerkish". It was meant more as a funny post. Some people will laugh at it, some will get offended. He/she got offended. Sorry about that.

Alain, when you google something, you will quite often get some crap. Furthermore, as there are 10000000^10000 tutorials to S-Plus, Matlab, C++ etc out there, I too would try my luck in here to get a recommendation to the best material!

But my mistake - I thought your comment was an "arrogant" one!

Could you post links here for the tutorials you found? Please also add tags (at the bottom of the screen) so others can more easily find this information. Finally, you can also add this information to the wiki. The better cross-referenced, the better.

Back