• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

paper for master thesis

Good afternoun,
i've to prepare a research paper at the end of my master thesis in quantitative finance; i wish to do portfolio management do you think it'll be a good idea to do it in optimisation or in optimal control with deterministic point of view ?
if i have the opportunity to pursue my studies by a PhD thesis it'll be in optimal control do you it'll be possible after to have quant position or portfolio management?
thanks for your ask

sincerely, I didn't understand what your question is exactly.

sincerely, I didn't understand what your question is exactly.
i'll try to be more clear.
i'm in master degree in Quantitative Finance in "Université Paris 1 "
and i want to have a job in Asset Management
my question was :for my research paper at the end of my school year is a good idea to do it in Optimal Control ?
and if i've the opportunity to do a PhD thesis i want to do in Optimal Control;is a good idea to do it before trying to get a job ?

i'll try to be more clear.
i'm in master degree in Quantitative Finance in "Université Paris 1 "
and i want to have a job in Asset Management
my question was :for my research paper at the end of my school year is a good idea to do it in Optimal Control ?
and if i've the opportunity to do a PhD thesis i want to do in Optimal Control;is a good idea to do it before trying to get a job ?

Doing a PhD thesis is good on its own. Optimal Control is a great area. And if your question is "should I do a PhD thesis in Optimal Control or don't do PhD", then the answer is do it.

stochastic control

thanks for your answer Yuriy.
do you think it'll be difficult for a person who has a master degree or Ph'D in mathematics without experience to join team research in asset management in a bank ?
Doing a PhD thesis is good on its own. Optimal Control is a great area. And if your question is "should I do a PhD thesis in Optimal Control or don't do PhD", then the answer is do it.

Back