• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

I think they sent this to all remaining applicants...
but after seeing the profiles of the ppl who are rejected I am not very hopeful

i too got the same email a few minutes back . Maybe, they might interview a few more in the coming weeks, as is written in the email .

Yup me too..

Seems like candidates who might need student visas ( and of course have excellent profiles
wink.png
with high Math GPA ) have been considered first.

received an email this morning asking me to call them on thurs or fri
anyone got the same email?

I saw on the Tracker that someone was asked some programming questions during the interview
did anyone else get technical questions?
those really scared me since I don't have much knowledge in programming

I saw on the Tracker that someone was asked some programming questions during the interview
Where did you see that ? which date was it submitted on ?
All applicants that had an interview were asked 4 basic questions.
I think you are mistaken with a different program.

its the one on the top, last updated today at 5pm
Oh, just noticed that. Interesting, I guess his programming background wasn't intensive. So, they wanted to know what his knowledge in programming is.
Would be nice if the person responded here.

I think it was a joke for you not to relax
wink.png

To those who got rejected: Did they convert ur application to the MSOR program or not?

Good question !
I marked the option that I want to be considered for the Columbia MSOR but my application is still pending.

I see, thanks for the response.
Seems like no applicants from NY have received an interview invitation.

Interesting, can anyone confirm this? Also, if thats true, has anyone from NY area already been admitted w/o an interview??

Maybe some US Citizens/PR applicants will get an interview invitation email end tomorrow 02/18

Another theory, applications are processed according to your last name in alphabetical order. Mine is Z, so...I am optimistic though

Back