• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

Did the interview this morning and status changed to "Accepted" in the afternoon
smile.png

A little info from the interviewer:
~900 applications this year, still targeting a class size of 60 students

Did the interview this morning and status changed to "Accepted" in the afternoon :)
Congrats !
I guess this year it's going to be harder to get in :(

Did the interview this morning and status changed to "Accepted" in the afternoon :)

900!?

I wonder if the increase in applicants was driven by higher numbers from India/China...

Zonda congrats!
anyone else who was interviewed yesterday and then noticed a status change?
I did an interview yesterday morning too, but my status has not changed yet...it still says pending! should I be worried?

nah. i got a interview and it stills says pending

iniesta, do you have any updates on your status?

Zonda congrats!
I did an interview yesterday morning too, but my status has not changed yet...it still says pending! should I be worried?

I did the interview yesterday morning. The status has not changed as you. What does this mean?

anyone outside U.S. (esp. mainland China) has done the interview and been accepted?

Zonda congrats!

still pending

Received an email late yesterday night to call them today morning, which I did. Same standard questions as mentioned by others. Will post if there are any updates on my status.

I received the same email ... have been trying to call them .. but no luck ...
mcgruber .. at wht time did u call .

I received the same email ... have been trying to call them .. but no luck ...
mcgruber .. at wht time did u call .

I started to call around 10:10 am..after 10-12 attempts, I was able to reach them around 10:35 am. So, keep trying and good luck !

Congrats McGruber! That was a quick decision. Are you going to accept?

Yes....

And a second congrats to you for getting in Stanford....which one will you choose ?

I am still deciding. Everyday I go back and forth between the two. Trying to read up as much as I can about the programs and see what will suit me best considering my background and career goals. But today, I'm leaning towards Columbia. Ask again tomorrow and it may not be so. :)

Back