• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PHOTO: QuantNet Central Park Summer 07 Picnic

Chris, is there anything I can help to prepare the picnic? I can be there early.

Li

Hey everyone,

Planning is coming along but following the suggestion of our President I'm asking everyone if they would like to help us out with some of the preparations.

We are in need of ice coolers for drinks and other snacks. Also we are looking for old and clean bedsheets we can lay on the ground so people can sit. Please let me know if you can bring these items.

As for games we will have frisbee and volleyball. I'm also bringing Taboo and Scattergories. We can also play a game of Mafia. Let me know if you guys have any other games or ideas.

Thanks,

Chris

Dodgeball would be awesome! I just played a few weeks ago. We need an indoor gym for that though. Sounds like another QuantNet event :)

Hey everyone,

Planning is coming along but following the suggestion of our President I'm asking everyone if they would like to help us out with some of the preparations.

We are in need of ice coolers for drinks and other snacks. Also we are looking for old and clean bedsheets we can lay on the ground so people can sit. Please let me know if you can bring these items.

As for games we will have frisbee and volleyball. I'm also bringing Taboo and Scattergories. We can also play a game of Mafia. Let me know if you guys have any other games or ideas.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the posting. Besides the list, how much man power would we need during some different time windows? How many people do you need for the setup, clean-up or things of that sort? (Any volunteers so far?)

Bridgett

Bridgett,

We just need someone a few people to clean up in the end. Shouldn't be much of a problem.
I'll be there early in the morning to set up.

Thanks,

Chris

Turns out that I do have to go to Baltimore this weekend, just confirmed.

Have fun everyone.

Count me in for the cleaning crew. By the way, Chris, can you find a shuttlecock anywhere in asian store in Flushing ?

I seem to have one but misplace it somewhere. If we have it, it will be great to play it.

Jianzi5.jpg

Count me in for the cleaning crew. By the way, Chris, can you find a shuttlecock anywhere in asian store in Flushing ?

I seem to have one but misplace it somewhere. If we have it, it will be great to play it.

Jianzi5.jpg

Oh yeah!! I remember that I used to play this alot growing up. And I also was able to use couple of coins, feather, and fabric to make my own. Oh, those good old times...:-\"

Suggestion for signs.

Guys,

I need to think about something great for putting up the sign for our picnic in Central Park. So far, I have no idea yet. Can anyone think of anything that will be eye-catching and yet easy to handle?:sos:

Hey everyone,

I PMed everyone who RSVPed. Let me know if you did not get one and you are going to the picnic.

Thanks,

Chris

So we are to enter at 106th St and go to Great Hill area ? That will be our picnic area ? How far is it from the entrance ?

Go to the 106th St Entrance and head over to the Great Hill where the picnic tables are located.
Use the map above for reference.

Also, anyone knows which train get close to the 106th entrance ? I'm taking D or 4

You would want to take the A train to 103W ST Central Park
MTA NYC Transit Subway Line Information

The C train will not be running on the weekend.

Back