• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PROFILE EVALUATION

Hi Quantnet! I am here after >4 years because in my previous post I was simply in the middle of chaos and felt stranded. However, now I have a better hold of things.

GPA: 2.98/4 (71%) (Tier 2 University)
GRE: 322 (Q-166,V-156, AWA-4 expected) <Willing to retake>
Work Ex: 22 months Full Time (Top Investment Bank in Derivatives asset class) + 6 months internship (Data Science 4 months + Dev Ops 2 months)
Bunch of extra curriculars in Social Entrepreneurship for 3 yrs of college and held position of responsibilities (reason for low GPA as first 3 off the 5 years I was invested in the projects).

I know my GPA isn't the best, BUT

- It was a 5 yr dual degree course, BTech specialization Computer Science and MBA in Business Analytics.
- Covered 22 subjects which specially focused on programming (C, C++, Python, Java and SAS), maths (all pre-requisites), Stats (all pre-requisites) and Analytics (Financial and Econometrics)!
- Scored 84% in the 22 subjects, an A+ grade (have percentage letter to prove that).
- Can arrange for 3A 1P LORs
- Increased CGPA over the years and received 3.54 and 3.88 in my final two semesters!

I have some questions:-

- Can I target the Top Universities in US for MFE? If yes, then which ones will be the best?
- Is it prudent to retake GRE if I'm confident on Q 170?
- Will I be able to turn around my CGPA in SOP?

I am targeting Fall 23 and would be EXTREMELY helpful to get some insights!

Back