• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation

Graduated from University of Maryland in Finance.
GPA: 3.3 (Failed Calc 3 as an elective due to RSV)
Internship: 2 wealth management internship at boutique firms
GRE: 165Q, 160V

All of my classes from undergrad are in finance, economics and accounting. I have taken Calc 1&2, Stats course. Would you recommend to take a drop year and complete all prerequisites like Calculus based Probability, Python, C++, Linear Algebra or grind for two months and finish them applying for programs that have March deadline for 2023?

Hi my background is the same as yours. I am also a finance major. I had all prerequisite except PDE through my school and online courses. I still took a gap year and took more advanced courses and apply this year. But I think you can still try this year and see the gap between the program requirement and your profile.

Back