• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Python training, NYC, May 18-21

[imga=right]http://www.quantnet.com/forum/sponsors/enthought_logo.jpg[/imga] Enthought, Inc. is offering a 4-day training course, Python for Science, Engineering, and Financial Analysis, May 18 to 21 at Learning Tree Education Center, One New York Plaza, New York NY 10004.

Enthought approaches training from the financial analyst, engineer or scientist point of view, focusing on your daily activities and how you can solve problems using Python as a tool. Courses are "hands-on" with 15 - 30 minute lectures interleaved with programming exercise. The exercises provide practical experience with the tools to solve real-world problems.

The cost is $2500. To register, phone Leah Jones at 512-536-1057. Email questions to info@enthought.com (or post them here and I will attempt to answer them).

Is a student discount available? At $2500, I think it might be a bit steep for most students.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are not able to offer discounts at this time.

--Janet

Good news: group discount

I got approval for a group discount. If you can put together a group of 5 or more attendees, they will each pay $2000.

You may want to post here if you are interested, to see if there are enough interested people.

Here's how it will work:

• Call Leah Jones at 512-536-1057 to register by Friday, May 8th, and mention Quantnet when you call.
  • If Leah gets 5 Quantnet registrations, they'll each be charged $2000.
  • If Leah doesn't get 5 Quantnetters by May 8th, she'll contact the ones who have registered, and let them either pay the full rate ($2500) or cancel their registration.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Nights classes?

Hi Janet,
Would you offer night classes? I work during the day and am earning my Master's at night.
Thank you,
Michael

Back