• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantnet MFE Application Tracker

NYU just took the lead in the number of cases tracked. I hope to beat the magic 1,000 number when the 2011 admission season is over.

With CMU & Berkeley round 3 & 4 everything is possible :)
Columbia& Baruch &NYu seems to have so many applicants. I wish i could see the exact figures

I guess HEC Lausanne FERM would be a good name that people can google up?
Actually, googling for "HEC Lausanne FERM" doesn't yield any reasonable resutls. Maybe "UNIL MScF - FE" or "HEC Lausanne - MScF - FE" would it a better choice? This program also has 2 more specializations which are held by other Swiss universities, but only in Lausanne one can study Financial Engineering.

As for Switzerland, I have never heard that any Swiss university has advertised something outside of the country. It applies even to elite programs like Math / CS / Physics / Biology from ETHZ and EPFL.

Yes, I would like if people had to enter their stats. It would give us more information about the competitiveness of our own applications.

Would the Tracker be more useful for you guys if we require people to enter GRE Q, GRE V, GRE AWA, GPA?
The way things are right now, we have to rely on the kindness of the applicants to supply those info. They have been entering those numbers but not in a format that is sortable.

Suggestion?
That would be so much more helpful. Maybe undergrad institution as well?

Would the Tracker be more useful for you guys if we require people to enter GRE Q, GRE V, GRE AWA, GPA?
The way things are right now, we have to rely on the kindness of the applicants to supply those info. They have been entering those numbers but not in a format that is sortable.

Suggestion?
I'm thinking maybe percentiles for GRE will be good to reconcile the old and new formats. GPA could have score and total score since not everyone converts to US standards.

To make this universally applicable, I would add only the following fields: Undergrad GPA, GRE Q, GRE V, GRE AWA.
Other extra info (undergrad school, internship, award, programming skill, work experience) would go to the User note field.

Using the existing filters, one can easily display all applications who got admitted at program X and then can sort by GRE/GPA/etc. In sort, an invaluable glance of profiles of everyone admitted to that program.
This would be the easiest way to answer "please evaluate my profile at program X".

Sounds like a good idea?

Suggestion?

I agree but I would also add major - to have background statistics

I have another question - may be there should be another tracker for PhD in FinEng or FinMat programs

I think there should be a "/" symbol in GPA column . With GPA's like 4.53 and 6.04 it becomes difficult to guess the scale.

Back