• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Regarding TN Visa Requirements?

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
So I was just wondering if anyone knows how about to get a TN Visa in the financial engineering/quant analyst/quant (something)/trader type of roles? There are prescribed set of positions that you can apply for TN Visa...I was wondering if any Canadians had gone through and got TN Visa to work in the finance field.

Would saying the position is financial engineering related qualify for the engineering one? I am going to call the immigration people and ask on monday, but wondering if anyone had already gone through the process.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Alright did some more research and turns out...

A Quant analyst can fall under Mathematician if you can show your undergrad degree is mathematics or maybe tons of math courses in engineering/physics.

Also, can fall under Economist...just the job offer letter has to be modeled correctly.

Also can fall under Engineer...just have to show that I am using engineering knowledge in Financial Markets.

Why do you want to apply for TN visa? You have to renew it every year. Get a H1B visa. You need not worry for six years.

Why do you want to apply for TN visa? You have to renew it every year. Get a H1B visa. You need not worry for six years.

Edit.

Sorry. Just in-case this gets read in the future by an immigration officer google searching me. Lol

But for simple reasons.. TN Visa takes 5 mins.

Edit.

Sorry. Just in-case this gets read in the future by an immigration officer google searching me. Lol

But for simple reasons.. TN Visa takes 5 mins.
Who said it takes only 5 minutes? You are thinking that it will be as easy as getting a visitor visa. Also there is a high probability of getting rejected even if you have proper documents.

Who said it takes only 5 minutes? You are thinking that it will be as easy as getting a visitor visa. Also there is a high probability of getting rejected even if you have proper documents.

You just go up to the border...show them your documents and wait for rejection or acceptance.

TN Visa is a right as a Canadian citizen. Visitor Visa? I don't need visitor Visa to enter USA? I don't think I have needed visitor visa for anything. is that easy? lol I got no clue.

You just go up to the border...show them your documents and wait for rejection or acceptance.

TN Visa is a right as a Canadian citizen. Visitor Visa? I don't need visitor Visa to enter USA? I don't think I have needed visitor visa for anything. is that easy? lol I got no clue.
stop worrying about your visa now. after you find a job, it is your employer who decides which visa to apply. you can't force them to apply TN if they insist on H1B

Back