• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Retaking Certificate

@Andy Nguyen
Hi Andy:
Sorry for the trouble but I am also thinking about re-enroll the course in order to get the certificate. I have already finished all the HW for 9 levels and they are ready for submission. Can you do me a favor to email me the option for re-enroll. Thanks a lot.
I already sent you a message. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

@Andy Nguyen
Hi Andy:
I am also thinking about re-enroll the course since I'm afraid I could not finish them on time due to large workload for my school work. Could you email me the options for re-enrollment? Thanks very much.

Hi Andy,

I'm wondering if I decide to retake this course. will there be a record that I didn't pass this course and retake it? I don't want record like this to influence my apply for master degree.
Thank you!

Hi Andy,

I'm wondering if I decide to retake this course. will there be a record that I didn't pass this course and retake it? I don't want record like this to influence my apply for master degree.
Thank you!
No, it's a fresh 16 weeks, as long as the reason for retaking is time and not a failing grade

No, it's a fresh 16 weeks, as long as the reason for retaking is time and not a failing grade
So it depends on whether I complete 10 levels or not? if I didn't, I can retake it. However, if I complete 10 levels but end with a grade of 60, there will be a record. Am I right?

Hi Shankar
Our goal is to help every student complete the certificate within the 16 week timeframe.
1) yes, you can re-enroll to complete it.
2) you need to complete all the hw and pass all the quizzes by the last day of your 16th week. The final exam can be arranged to take place at the earliest convenient time for both you and your tA.
Let me know if I can help with anything. I'm just an email or a post away.
Hi Andy. What if I attempt to give the final exam in week 10 but cannot clear it? Do I need to repeat the entire course or can I give the exam again?

Hi Andy. What if I attempt to give the final exam in week 10 but cannot clear it? Do I need to repeat the entire course or can I give the exam again?
Final exam is given once. You should be only concerned with whether to earn a distinction at that level.
In a rare case that you fail, you can re-enroll to take the final again.

What
Final exam is given once. You should be only concerned with whether to earn a distinction at that level.
What is the cost of re-enrollment

The final exam is only 25% of your overall grade. Even if you failed the exam, as long as your exercise code has been good, you can still pass the course. There have been very few students who have made it to the exam and failed the course. The course's focus is on learning to write good code -- which is done throughout the course, not just at exam time. If someone fails the course it is because they did not submit good code throughout, not just during the exam. Hence, the entire course must be retaken in that scenario.

Back