• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S

There's an informative new book out, titled "Axis of Convenience," which looks at the relationship between Russia and China. For the Chinese, Russia's pretensions to great power status are a joke. Unlike Russia, China prefers to downplay its significance in the world -- perhaps because in the next few decades, China will become more of an authentic great power than Russia. And for all the expressed cordiality between the two, the Russians are apprehensive of long-term Chinese intentions in the Russian Far East. Russia is now the junior partner in this "axis of convenience."

interesting:)

personally I respect Russia because it produced so many world class mathematicians and engineers that China has to buy most of advanced tech from Russia( and Israel). and l like Putin, this guy reminds Chinese of a strong leader we ever have 50 yr ago. Although there was wars between China and Russia, (even now there is large number of sodiers in northwest China to protect Beijing from possibly Russians invasion), i hope these two can be peaceful neighbours because we have so many similarities.

Here is something more along the same lines. Caveat and Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing this in any manner whatsoever; only pointing out that more than one person is discussing the possible fracture of the USA; all these people could very well be lunatics.

all these people could very well be lunatics.

Or, as your link suggests, in possession of a globe and a bottle of whiskey.

I do think many of these analyses ignore resources and assume that only social relationships are important.

I do think many of these analyses ignore resources and assume that only social relationships are important.

I finished Richard Morgan's SF novel, "Thirteen," about a week back. It's set in the early 22nd century, and the USA has broken up into the high-tech "Rim" (Pacific Rim), the backward "Republic" (aka "Jesusland"), and the "North Atlantic Union" (which comprises the north-eastern states, amalgamated with Canada). This was motivated by the red state - blue state dichotomy, which every observer of the US is acquainted with. You can read more here (if you wish).

Back